Arms tired from the long flight? Leave the reservations to me. We’ll meet in your lobby, and after we’ve eaten our fill, I’ll make sure you get back to your hotel in one piece. Wanna try a maid cafe but not sure which one is good for you?
These are perfect add-ons to your solo travel plans. Or, you can just add dinner or video games or some activity on to your Day Tour. Also, if you choose one of these activities as an add-on, I can offer very substantial discounts.
I regularly take people to: izakaya (Japanese-style pubs), hot springs (even in central Tо̄kyо̄), maid cafés/maid bars, video game arcades, geisha experiences, Japanese Pro Baseball, sumо̄, museum guide/interpreter, bar hopping, exclusive mixologist-run cocktail lounges, sake bars, underground rock shows, underground club events, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea tickets, anything…
Top 3 Nights out
#1 Fan Fave!
Book this by itself, or just add it to your Day Tour
Tо̄kyо̄ is home to more than 160,000 restaurants, but after a long international flight or at the end of traveling around the corner, you’re probably exhausted. Don’t worry about dinner and let me take you to an izakaya, a no-nonsense, traditional eatery specializing in small plate cuisine and affordable drinks all night long. After a hard day of being uptight at work and doing things by the books, these local restaurants are where locals come to relax and be themselves. Most of these places are known only by word of mouth (or sometimes have no English menus) so you really need an expert to find an interesting spot.
I Can Accommodate
- Disliked foods
- Some other dietary restrictions
I can accommodate most diets, but please be aware that vegan and gluten-free are super tricky in Japan, but not impossible in Tо̄kyо̄. It might limit our options a little, though. Just let me know in advance!
Starts at ¥25,000
#2 Fan Fave!
What’s up with Japan and maids? It’s a deeper conversation than you’d think, but rather than try to explain it, I’m prepared to take you into the belly of the cutest and silliest beast you’ve never imagined. No one knows exactly how many maid cafes there are in Tо̄kyо̄, but trust me, you do not want to navigate this one on your own. I’ve got your back.
- Why You Have to Go
- Good for solo travelers, groups of friends, families.
- A must-do for anyone interested in Japanese pop culture and art
- Perfect for otaku, weebs, and Japanophiles of all stripes
- Hilarious for families
- Best souvenir ever
- I’ll be interpreting the whole time!
- LGBTQ+ friendly
- Wheelchair accessible
Extremely Reasonable at the Moment!
|rock tourism, event tourism, music tourism, underground rock, underground club, akihabara idol tourism|
#3 Fan Fave!
In Tо̄kyо̄, rock music scenes and techno scenes are very tight-knit, underground communities. They’re super-inclusive and inviting, but without a friend on the inside, you could spend a lifetime trying to find legit underground music events. I’ll take you out to dinner, party with you at the show, and see you safely back to your hotel lobby.
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- Quick pre-game dinner and drinks
- Explore the area around the venue (I’m a nerd like that)
- Head over to the venue (there might be a line)
- Get you back to the hotel in one piece
- Post-show nightcap
- Every show is different, so no promises. But if you really like a band or want an autograph, I’ll do my best to arrange a quick meeting.
- LGBTQ+ friendly
Starts at ¥25,000
If you’re interested in a special cultural event, a particular flower blooming, or want to experience the Japanese take on a certain holiday, just let me know. I live for this sorta thing!
|event tourism; nature tourism; photography tourism|
Wanna see Tо̄kyо̄’s best cherry blossoms? I’ll take you to my favorite spots. Want to experience a local traditional festival or Japanese summer fireworks? If the festival calendar and your calendar match up, we can do this.
Just contact me and I’ll create a customized experience that’s perfect for you.
- I’ll meet you at your hotel, just before lunch and hand you a beer.
- We’ll make our way to the festival
- Gorge ourselves on tastes, the sights, and sounds of the festivities
- We’ll visit relevant shrines, temples, or spots associated with the festival and neighborhood
- I’ll get you back safe and sound to your hotel lobby
- Rent a kimono or yukata, go out in style!
- Have your hair/makeup done Japanese style
Starts at ¥35,000
|holiday tourism, festival tourism|
Toukyou has adopted Halloween as one of its most exciting autumn traditions. Some neighborhoods, like Azabu, have costume parades and trick-or-treating for elementary school kids. The evening is decidedly adult. We can go barhopping if you want to get off your feet, but nothing comes close to going out on the town to check out the best dressed to impress while showing off our outfits. We’ll check out two parts of town depending on what the word on the street says will be bumpin’ this year. In the past, we’ve gone to Ikebukuro, Shibuya, and Roppongi. One year, we ended up partying all night at a club on Tо̄kyо̄ Bay.
- Pre-game dinner and drinks
We can start off the night over dinner, get to know one an other and discuss the plans for the night.
- Neighborhood one
I like to ease into the night with a more subdued experience.
- Neighborhood two
I like to go out with a “bang” – ending the night in the craziest part of town.
- No costume, no problem. We can pop into a shop and pick out something perfect for tonight.
- State-of-the-art karaoke or bar hopping (if you’re into crowds)
- Disclaimer: A number of factors could impact this experience. One, weather, natural disasters, and the coronavirus. Two, which day of the week 10/31 actually falls on makes a big difference, so we’ll want to be a little flexible with dates.
Starts at ¥35,000
for the ballers
If you a baller who wants to play ball…
Over the years, I’ve consistently gotten requests to access Japan’s hostess and host clubs. Basic, conversational Japanese (and a fairly fat wallet) doesn’t guarantee you entry. Having a local who can both teach you the etiquette and vouch for you increases you chances a hundredfold.
- Potential Destinations
- All expenses incurred after base rate are not included
- 2 customers maximum per evening,
1 customer is best
- Upgrade to private car or fully-stocked limousine
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, this experience is indefinitely cancelled
Starts at ¥45,000 per person